|Members log in here with your user name and password to access the your admin page and other special features.
|| SportsShooter.com: News Item: Posted 2002-12-10
Photodude: Rants About Missing Pizza, The Message Board and His Fav Songs and Flicks
This month, the Photodude returns from a trip to watch The Skins Game golf Event in Indio, CA (a real no-wheresville man!), where he fished a point-and-shoot from a water hazard and promptly auctioned it off on Ebay to finance his next surfing trip.
The Dude was kind enough to pull his VW van over at an Internet café just off Highway 101 to check in.
Last I saw many of you was at Bert's bitchin' Workshop and Luau in Manhattan Beach, where it was all good except for those college students who helped themselves to my pizza in the lobby on Friday night. Bastards! You'll get yours, man. It's called karma, and when you don't get the internship you want you just think of the Photodude's pizza, awright?
That all said, The Workshop was bitchin. For me, aside from sharing a bowl with the surfer dude volleyballer on the 9th green after the first breakout, the highlight was all the great speakers (especially Robert Beck) and also -- wait, I was kidding about the bowl, dudes -- seeing all the promising portfolios on hand. Although you all did look like geeky extras from Hawaii Five-O...
This month brought a ton of mail, so let's get to the ol' mailbag....
What's up with all Sportsshooter.com Message Board? Man, have all the good topics been exhausted already? What's up with all these movie and song topics? Dude, what's next?
Damned If I Know.
Dude, you hit the nail right on the head. Heh-heh. I said, "head." For once, the Dude doesn't have the answer, but I do know what I don't hope to see:
TOP 5 MSG BOARD TOPICS THE DUDE NEVER HOPES TO SEE BUT IS SURE HE WILL IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS
1. If Elmer Fudd was a photographer, would he have worked for a newspaper or magazine?
2. Which celebrity would make the best photo assistant?
3. Why does Ralphie on "A Christmas Story" want a "Genuine Red Ryder 200-shot Combine Action Air Rifle with Scope and Thing That Tells Time" when he could have asked for a Speed Graphic?
4. If the Heatmiser from "The Year Without a Santa Claus" was a shooter, would have shot Canon or Nikon?
5. What's your favorite Aesop's Fable about photography?
Bring some originality to the message boards, man. I mean, favorite SONGS?
Bored of Redundant Egregious Drivel
Fine. The Dude is always here for you. How about this?
TOP FIVE SONGS THAT SOUND LIKE THEY'RE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY...BUT AREN'T!
1. I Shot the Sheriff (Bob Marley)
2. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)
3. Flashdance (Irene Cara)
4. Eye of the Tiger (from one of the weak Rocky sequels)
5. Pachelbel's Canon in D (Pachelbel, duh.)
TOP FIVE MOVIES THAT SOUND LIKE THEY'RE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY...BUT AREN'T!
1. The Shootist (1976)
2. Picture Perfect (1997)
3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
4. James Bond's Goldeneye (1995)
5. Body Shots (1999)
TOP FIVE STRIPPERS AT THE GENTLEMEN'S CLUB IN LOS ANGELES THAT SOUND LIKE PHOTOGRAPHIC TERMS ... BUT AREN'T!
WHOA! Bert's telling me we're running out of space, so this one's going to have to wait -- unless you all actually post this one on the boards.
So, until next month, keep those emails coming to:
Mele Kalikimaka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
Related Email Addresses:
Contents copyright 2020, SportsShooter.com. Do not republish without permission.