|Members log in here with your user name and password to access the your admin page and other special features.
|| SportsShooter.com: News Item: Posted 2009-09-03
Early Fall News From Samy's Camera
By Louis Feldman
Nikon's latest entry onto the still/HD video stage, the D300s is now available, so give a Samy's Camera industrial sales representative a call for pricing information for Sports Shooter Newsletter readers!
The D300s carries on the tradition of all Nikon professional cameras and updates the D300 feature set with the addition of HD video:
• 12.3 Mega-pixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor - Delivers stunning high resolution, low-noise images with striking detail and tonal gradation.
• Nikon EXPEED Image Processing - Drives breathtakingly rich image fidelity, low noise and fast image processing.
• HD Video Recording - Capture cinematic 24fps, 720p HD movie clips, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility - featuring stereo mic input and AF operation.
• Continuous Shooting up to 7 fps - High-speed shooting and fast response - essential to versatile performance in a wide variety of shooting disciplines.
• 3" LCD - Every 920,000 dot monitor is factory-calibrated to assure accurate color for critical still image review and Live View or D-Movie shooting.
• One-button Live View - Handheld and Tripod Live View modes, activated with one button, for challenging studio and remote shooting conditions.
• Low Noise ISO Sensitivity from 200 to 3200 - Additional expanded ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 100 equivalent) and Hi-1 (ISO 6400 equivalent) extend versatility to match shooting requirements.
• Fast, Accurate 51-point Auto-focus - Features 4 Dynamic AF modes including 3D Focus Tracking for precise auto focus and razor sharp images.
• 1,005 Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II - Nikon's unique RGB metering evaluates color information to determine exposures with remarkable accuracy.
• Scene Recognition System - Referencing an onboard image database and teamed with RGB metering, SRS enables even more sophisticated determination of exposures and auto white balance, along with faster, more accurate auto focus.
• Dual Memory Card Slots (CF and SD/SDHC) - Assign card functions from a variety of storage options, optimizing available memory and file handling.
• Dynamic Integrated Dust Reduction System - Ultrasonic process combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality.
• Active D-Lighting - Optimizes shadow and highlight detail in real time. Selectable values and 5-frame ADL bracketing offer complete control.
• In-camera Image Editing - Exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Edit Movie, D-lighting, Image Overlay, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) processing and more.
• Rugged and Durable - The strength and precision of magnesium-alloy construction with advanced dust and moisture countermeasures is teamed with a shutter mechanism tested to 150,000 cycles for real-world reliability.
• 100% Viewfinder Accuracy - Offers a perfect representation of everything in the frame.
• Virtual Horizon Graphic Level Indicato - Demonstrates an active graphics-based representation of the horizon through the viewfinder or using Live View.
• Excellent Battery Performance - Up to 950 shots per EN-EL3e battery charge or as many as 2,950 shots with the optional MB-D10 Battery Grip and optional EN-EL4a battery.
With football season kicking off this weekend, you'll want to travel and carry your equipment in style with the best protection. Samy's carries the full line of Think Tank Photo product, whether it's the Sports Shooter "standard" --- the Airport Security or International Roller or their new line of gear designed with the multimedia journalist in mind:
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_products.html?g=multimedia --- give us a call for current pricing!
Samy's Camera is So Cal's largest rental house. We have a huge assortment of equipment, from cameras and lenses to studio grip gear. Our clients include students, professional photographers, movie studios, and more. We offer lighting equipment, digital cameras and scanners, video gear, and cameras from 35mm up to 4x5 and 8x10, plus panoramic format cameras. You can pick up your rental gear at one of our locations throughout Southern California or we'll be happy to ship it to your location.
Checkout our current rental catalog at: http://www.samys.com/rentals.php
To reserve equipment or for complete details please call the Rentals Department (we are currently unable to accept reservations online or via e-mail):
Los Angeles: 323-938-4400
Santa Ana: 714-557-9400
Santa Barbara: 805-963-7269
Playa Vista: 310-450-7062
Remember, trade-ins are welcome and we also pay cash for used equipment. Call George to discuss any trade-ins: 323-938-2420, ext 1293. Make sure you tell him you're a Sports Shooter reader!
Samy's Camera has a wide assortment of classes and workshops coming up in September. From beginning Photoshop to getting the most out of your digital hybrid camera to basics of portrait lighting. For a full list of classes, detailed descriptions and sign up info, check out this link: http://www.samys.com/events.php .
Samy's Camera has numerous classes in the coming months, check out our entire schedule: http://www.samys.com/events.php
Samy's Cameras has retail outlets in Southern California. If you're nearby, drop in! http://www.samys.com/stores.php
(Contact Samy's Camera in Los Angeles by calling 323-964-0323 Ext 200 and ask for an industrial sales representative. Also check out Samy's Specials on SportsShooter.com or Samy's web site at: http://www.samys.com .)
Contents copyright 2017, SportsShooter.com. Do not republish without permission.