|Members log in here with your user name and password to access the your admin page and other special features.
|| SportsShooter.com: News Item: Posted 2009-07-27
Samy's News: Olympus E-P1, Waiting List For Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
By Louis Feldman
The Olympus E-P1, which has generated a lot of interest from both the pro and consumer market, will be available soon! The E-P1 is the world's smallest 12.3-megapixel, interchangeable lens system camera that incorporates both high-quality still capabilities with video and audio recording features. Give us a call for current pricing for Sports Shooter members!
For more details and specs on the very cool Olympus EP-1, checkout their website at: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1461
For you Canon shooters: Samy's Camera has started a waiting list for the next generation Canon professional digital camera body, the EOS 1D Mark IV. As of this writing we do not have availability or pricing details, but if you want to get your name on "the list" give us a call!
Samy's Camera is So Cal's largest rental house. We have a huge assortment of equipment, from cameras and lenses to studio grip gear. Our clients include students, professional photographers, movie studios, and more. We offer lighting equipment, digital cameras and scanners, video gear, and cameras from 35mm up to 4x5 and 8x10, plus panoramic format cameras. You can pick up your rental gear at one of our locations throughout Southern California or we'll be happy to ship it to your location.
Checkout our current rental catalog at: http://www.samys.com/rentals.php
To reserve equipment or for complete details please call the Rentals Department (we are currently unable to accept reservations online or via e-mail):
Los Angeles: 323-938-4400
Santa Ana: 714-557-9400
Santa Barbara: 805-963-7269
Playa Vista: 310-450-7062
We have a wide assortment of classes and workshops coming up in August. From beginning Photoshop to getting the most out of your digital hybrid camera to basics of portrait lighting. For a full list of classes, detailed descriptions and sign up info, check out this link: http://www.samys.com/events.php?CalendarMonth=200908
We have a long list of rebates being offered over the coming months…from Canon printers to Chimera lighting gear to Gitzo tripods to SanDisk memory products…for a full list, check this link: http://www.samys.com/rebates.php
For those looking for an inexpensive way to get into hi-def video, check out Nikon's latest DSLR, the D5000:
• 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor - Coupled with Nikon's EXPEED image processing and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking picture quality is assured.
• D-Movie Mode with sound - Record 720p HD movie clips enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
• Vari-angle color LCD monitor - Position the 2.7-inch monitor freely for fresh shooting perspectives. Screen flips inward for safe keeping.
• 19 Auto-exposure Scene Modes - Capture stunning photos in challenging picture-taking situations including Sunsets, Candlelight, Silhouette, Portrait, Landscape, Beach/Snow, and more.
• One-button Live View - Easy Live View access offers 4 autofocus modes, including Face-priority AF
• Continuous shooting as fast as 4 frames per second - Combined with fast power-up and split-second shutter response, decisive moments are captured easily without annoying shooting lag.
• Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200 - Engineered for exceptional low-light shooting.
• Built-in image sensor cleaning - Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning keeps images spot free.
• 11-point Autofocus System with 3D Focus Tracking - Fast and accurate autofocus delivers razor sharpness.
• Auto Active D-Lighting - Restores lost shadow and highlight detail in high contrast exposures-Selectable and Auto modes available.
• In-camera Retouch image editing - Creative in-camera image editing, featuring Soft Filter, Straighten, Color Outline Effect, Perspective Control, Red-eye Correction, Image Overlay, Monochrome and more-all without a computer.
• Picture Control Settings for personal image control - Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape and 9 customizable settings.
• Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II - Nikon's renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates each scene for unmatched exposure accuracy.
• Durable, high precision shutter - Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures precision and long shutter life.
And remember, Samy's Camera is your one-stop shopping place for professional and consumer audio, video and Apple Computer products. Give one of our industrial sales representatives a call for pricing info for Sports Shooter members!
That's it for now!
(Contact Samy's Camera in Los Angeles by calling 323-964-0323 Ext 200 and ask for an industrial sales representative. Also check out Samy's Specials on SportsShooter.com or Samy's web site at: http://www.samys.com.)
Contents copyright 2017, SportsShooter.com. Do not republish without permission.