Story   Photographer   Editor   Student/Intern   Assistant   Job/Item The Online Resource for Sports Photography

 Front Page
 Member Index
 Latest Headlines
 Special Features
 'Fun Pix'
 Message Board
 Educate Yourself
 Equipment Profiles
 Classified Ads
 Monthly Clip Contest
 Student Contest
 Annual Contest
 Current Issue
 Back Issues
 Members Area
 "The Guide"
About Us:
 About SportsShooter
 Contact Us
 Terms & Conditions

Sign in:
Members log in here with your user name and password to access the your admin page and other special features.



|| Member Message Board

Looking for some help from members.
Darrin Spencer, Photographer
Corbin | Ky | USA | Posted: 10:45 PM on 01.01.17
->> I'll try to explain this as best I can. I was shooting the TaxSlayer Bowl this past weekend and at the pep rally I saw a fellow photographer using some sort of camera that was extended on a arm with a stabilizing arm at the end of it. This was a video camera (almost looked like a GoPro and could have been) that was extended about 2-3 ft in the air that was connected to looked like a phone at the bottom so he could see what he was videoing and and he could focus by buttons on the bottom of the arm. I went to talk to the guy about the device but couldn't find him afterwords. Does anyone know what this is called? I would like to look into this and have searched B&H to see if maybe I can find it but not having much luck.
 This post is:  Informative (0) | Funny (0) | Huh? (0) | Off Topic (0) | Inappropriate (0) |   Definitions

Brad Tollefson, Photographer
Lubbock | TX | USA | Posted: 7:34 AM on 01.02.17
->> There are a couple different devices that it could be. The ones I see most often are the Osmo line by DJI.

GoPro recently entered the market with the Karma Grip.
 This post is:  Informative (0) | Funny (0) | Huh? (0) | Off Topic (0) | Inappropriate (0) |   Definitions

Dirk Dewachter, Photographer
Playa Del Rey | CA | USA | Posted: 11:34 PM on 01.02.17
->> Darrin, could it have been an Osmo? It is gimbal mounted camera with a control handle and a mount for a viewing device. They do have a 3 foot extension rod.
 This post is:  Informative (0) | Funny (0) | Huh? (0) | Off Topic (0) | Inappropriate (0) |   Definitions

Darrin Spencer, Photographer
Corbin | Ky | USA | Posted: 10:28 AM on 01.04.17
->> It looked similar to these but the stabilizer had two arms connected to the camera.
 This post is:  Informative (0) | Funny (0) | Huh? (0) | Off Topic (0) | Inappropriate (0) |   Definitions

Add your comments...
If you'd like to add your comments to this thread, use this form. You need to be an active (paying) member of in order to post messages to the system.

NOTE: If you would like to report a problem you've found within the website, please let us know via the 'Contact Us' form, which alerts us immediately. It is not guaranteed that a member of the staff will see your message board post.
Thread Title: Looking for some help from members.
Thread Started By: Darrin Spencer
Member Login:

|| Sponsor Special Deals

Free Shipping from Adorama
Available from: Adorama Camera | Price: $0.00
Notes: Free shipping on most orders!! Place your order directly with me, Jeff Snyder & I'll make sure that happens...Feel free to email me or call with any questions at any time too!, or 800-223-2500 x2435 NOTE: AdoramaPix orders must be $20 or more for this offer
-- More Info --

Return to -->
Message Board Main Index
Craig here if you are in need of a Portland, OR Photographer ::..